Toru Kamimura, President / CEO
OPTEX CO., LTD.
1. Making protection of personal information well-known throughout the company
Our company shall, in addition to following the laws and other regulations regarding personal information, establish internal rules for the handling of personal information, and make sure that all employees are made aware of the importance of protecting personal information.
2. Acquisition and use of personal information
Our company shall, when acquiring personal information from a customer, make clear to them purpose of collecting the information, and shall only use the acquired personal information within the scope of the disclosed purpose of use. Furthermore, should a situation arise wherein we are required to use the acquired personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use, we shall obtain the consent of the customer in advance.
【Purpose of use】
- Business activities including sales, fulfilment of contracts, implementation of services, and accounting and other secretarial processes
- Responding to inquiries, offers, or requests
- Conducting surveys or raffles and the like, and distributing prizes, etc.
- Notices regarding products and services offered by our company, distributed by e-mail, telephone, mail, etc.
- Notices regarding seminars, exhibitions, presentations, and other such events
- Contact and greetings in the course of normal business
- As a reference for improvement of business practices, development of products, and future business management
- Greetings and sales such as new transactions
- Consideration/decision, or provision of information, regarding employment
- Provision of information regarding payment of pensions, etc., or other information on the company status such as the alumni association, etc.
- Other purposes for which we will obtain the individual’s advance permission
Personal information acquired by our company is, as defined by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, information that could be used to identify a specific individual, such as full name, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, home address, workplace, information on products and services purchased by the individual, information on inquiries placed by the individual, individual identification code, etc.
Our company shall, unless required to do so by law, not collect “sensitive data” on matters such as race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or ideological beliefs, membership in labor unions, genetic data, biometrics, etc.
Provision of personal information to our company shall be based on the judgment of the person him/herself. However, please be aware that, if the information is not provided, we may not be able to provide the appropriate service.
3. Management of personal information
Our company shall implement the necessary and appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, destruction, and falsification of personal information. Furthermore, in the event that we disclose or provide personal information to a third party, we shall require the said third party to abide by the Personal Information Protection Act, and shall ensure that it is managed appropriately.
Our company shall maintain personal information only for the duration of the purpose of use of the personal information.
4. Outsourcing to third parties
Our company may outsource its function in part or in full to certified external contractors, and may share personal information with the said contractors within the scope deemed necessary. In such a case, we shall perform management as appropriate, in accordance with the law and the rules determined by our company.
5. Provision of personal information to third parties
Excepting the following cases, our company shall not disclose or provide personal information received from a customer to any third party without acquiring the prior consent of the customer.
- If required by law
- If it is necessary to protect the life, health, or finances of a person, and acquiring the consent of the person him/herself is difficult
- If it is especially necessary for public health or the health and growth of a child, and acquiring the consent of the person him/herself is difficult
- If, cooperating with the national government (etc.), acquiring the consent of the person him/herself poses a risk of impeding the execution of the work in question
6. Sharing of personal information
Our company shall, within the scope deemed necessary according to the purpose of use in “2. Acquisition and use of personal information,” share personal information with Optex Group Co., Ltd. and with said company’s consolidated subsidiaries.
7. Disclosure, amendment, and cessation of use of personal information
Should you have any requests for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, amendment, or cessation of use with regard to your own personal information, or concerns regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the Consultation Desk as indicated below. Upon confirming that the request is from the person him/herself, we shall respond to the request within reasonable bounds in accordance with the guidelines determined by our company.
【Personal Information Consultation Desk】
5-8-12 Ogoto, Otsu-shi, Shiga, 520-0101 Japan
General Inquiries Desk for Protection of Personal Information, OPTEX CO., LTD.
8. Continuous reevaluation
“Cookies” refers to the function of recording in a website-user’s computer the fact that he/she accessed a specific website.
By using cookies, the website’s operator can acquire information such as how many times users visited the site and which pages they visited. Analyzing this information can be useful in improving the contents and functionality of the website. Additionally, using cookie information allows us to display the optimal individualized content for each user of the website. Please note that information collected using cookies is not included in information that can be used to identify specific users of the website.
9-2: Cookies we use, and other technology
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required to use the website. This includes those cookies used to login to the website-exclusive area, and those cookies used to temporarily store input values.
Analysis/performance cookies: These count the number of visitors to the site, and allow us to check the means by which visitors visited the website. They help us to improve the website’s interface so that, for instance, users can more easily find what they are looking for.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognize users who have visited the website before. By doing this, they can personalize the website contents to each individual user, and can recall your individual settings (for example your language or region choices).
Third-party analysis cookies: This site uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics can, by using cookies, display information such as: information on the actions of visitors to the website; page views; traffic source; how long the website was used. Information is depersonalized, and is displayed numerically. In other words, it cannot be traced back to the individual. To make it so Google Analytics does not track all websites, click here.
9-3: Rejection (or deletion) of cookies
Accepting or rejection (or deletion) of cookies can be set in your browser settings. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies, but under normal circumstances you can turn off cookies in your browser’s settings. If you have disabled cookies, there is a possibility that some functions of our company’s website may not work as intended.
Date of issue: May 24, 2019